Thursday, January 7, 2010

Hits the Spot..lyrically!

So im sitting listening to my ipod at work, which means that concentrating on the lyrics is the only really productive work im doing today!
and then it hits me..some of the modern day randomest tracks have underlying love ballads! okay im not saying im the first person to recognize this and people reading this are probably going DUH!!! but im thouroughly amused at the moment so bear with me..
(theyr not exactly full-fledged ballads..just quirky expressions of love)

I've all of a sudden been inspired and touched by a few lyrics i picked out of a few songs on my newly added songs..which im going to pen (type) down!

Big Ol Game(Joss Stone):
"life is just a big ol game to me, i want to be no.1 on your team call me baby.. i could never be your no.2, cause when your not there im sure someone is loving you..and i cant have it. i wont have it. cause one day someone will snatch me for their lady.."

Hey Soul Sister(Train):
" JUst in time, im so glad you have a one track mind like me..you gave my life direction, a game show love connection, im so obsessed..
i knew i wouldnt forget you, so i went and let you blow my mind.."

Sweet Disposition(the Temper Trap):
"a moment, a love, a dream, aloud, a kiss, a cry, our rights, our wrongs...wont stop till its over, wont stop till surrender.."

I tried to do handstands for you(Chairlift):
"i tried to do handstands for you, i tried to do handstands for you, but everytime i fell for you..
im permanantly black and blue, permanantly blue for you.."
[*okay this song..when u read the entire lyrics haha which i did, sounds less and less like a love balled, and more of an expressive bragging of their colourful love making sessions..haha amused me even more :)]

Bad Romance(Lady GaGa):
"i want your drama, the touch
of your hand, i want your leather studded kiss in the sane..i want your love..you and me could write a bad romance..i want your love and i want your revenge."
*okay fine its not so much an expression of love as much as a sadistic dark freakish type of expression of love..HEY freaks are allowed to lvoe too! plus i love GaGa i think shes soo frikkin entertaining!

Candy(Paolo Nutini):
"darling ill bathe your skin, ill even wash your clothes, just give me some candybefore i go..well, im some stain there on your bed sheet, your my diamond in the rough..Darling ill kiss your eyes and lay you down on your rug, just give me some candy after my hug..and ill be there waitin for you"
*this man/boy has a beautifull old man's voice that is really do'ing me these days..his face/body not so much!

...so i think for today thats enough..plus i got ACTUAL work to do now..i need to be more sneaky at work with my LBDN(looking busy doing nothing) activities.

-still need a sign off :s

p.s if you havnt heard these songs..kill yourself! no seriously..go download them!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment