Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Thanks Facebook!

Is it just me, or has facebook become wayy too public!
Actually no wait let me rephrase that- facebook has become a glorified family reunion website!

My Grandmother joined facebook last week, and has been hooked on day and night.
Dont get me wrong, its cute! and im proud of her!
But then i have idiot friends who write all sorts of obscenities on my wall(publically bashing me, for not keeping in touch) and i dont want my grandmother, mother, aunts, uncles, grandparents friends, etc. and the countless other FAMILY-friends reading all that.

Privacy settings..could they not be subtle somehow?
Grandmother calls me last night and tells me off because she remembered something funny and wanted to write it on my wall and couldnt find it, which led to an hour of flustered hyperventilation on her part and countless phonecalls to my aunt(who put her on facebook) yelling,"there are weird-ghost-like-things-happening-to-my-facebook, i cant see anything.."

*i got an earfull from both!
and now as punishment for the chaos and panic i caused, i have to-over skype(my grandmother lives in L.A)-help grandmother fix her privacy settings also, because she doesnt want all the randoms on "googliee" to ''check her out''...*[cute na! :)]
She wont just give me her password, she said "NO TEACH ME"..

so Thanks facebook! you couldnt just be another college social site...you had to go and get all greedy and open to FAMILY! Good job!

p.s i still have a bone to pick with those darn privacy settings..WHY must you keep tweeking them! it gets more and more confusing for me everytime, so imagine my grandmother!
JESUS!

No comments:

Post a Comment