Thursday, January 14, 2010

(Part2)..plz scroll down read the first part first!

*..continuation

Foundations-Kate Nash
In her sweet brit accent she casually starts describing her crumbing relationship with her lover. Ridiculing each other infront of people, winding each other up..te end of a relationship but theyr both still hanging onto something..they fight like crazy but dont want to let go of one another-"my fingertips are holding onto the cracks in our foundation..and i know that i should let go but i cant.." and she sings it all without so much as raising her pitch- i mean maybe kelly clarkson or carrie underwood could learn a thing or two from her..that you dont have to rip car seats and shout out teh lyrics to get a point through!
(if you havnt heard it, download it-its brilliant)

I tried to do handstands for you-Chairlift
i think i mentioned this one in another post, sicne its a new fav of mine lately! i must admit i get a bit obsessed..this one is interesting because at first i thought it was about a girlfriend bending over backwards to please her man n he wasnt acknowleging her.."im permanently black and blue..for you"..and witht he cooing and sweet bass in teh background, i thought what a lovely song, this could be my status one day..AND THEN he sang.."I grabbed some frozen strawberries so I could ice your bruisy knees.. I got bruises on my knees for you And grass stains on my knees for you.." hahaha cmon you didnt think what i thought? well all i can say is its teh sweetest song about sex iv come across..not dirty at all, since they neevr mention the three letter dirty word haha and they even include strawberries in the mix so its love and games and SO not dirty! i love it! who knows i might still make it my status ;)
(Download it trust me its a Great song!)

Sweet Disposition-The Temper Trap
"..a moment, a love, a dream, aloud, a kiss, a cry, our rights, our wrongs, a moment, a love.."
Its actually one of the most straightforward and simple to understand songs on my list..and my early sweeping statements about not liking simple song..sorry :s but this song is beautiful..its cue in the movie trailer of '500 days of Summer' just makes the movie seem just dreamy and beautiful.
the song(combined with the lyrics) perfectly describe a relationship..and quite frankly made me want to watch the movie..which i saw and fell in love with too!
so it made me watch the movie and made me feel little tingling feelings in my stomach everytime i heard it..
sweeeeeet. i want that. all of it. NOW!

Honerable mention:
Mushaboom-Feist
if you havnt heard this song please download it-infact download all these songs..it will not dissapoint trust me.
now this song..i havnt really figured it out as yet, will have to probably google it coz im confused..but the song is great, gives me a sense of a song about two people growing old together and about everyday little things that normally one would look past as everyday happenings, but actually are milestones or memories. And thats some deep stuff right there, warm and deep. Read the lyrics and you will know what im talking about/feeling.
*dont know what a mushaboom is..but i like the word!

So far thats all i got..

Mushaboom about nothing..!
(good closing line??-doesnt make any sense-but then thats the purpose of alll of this)

No comments:

Post a Comment