Monday, April 5, 2010

I tried to do handstands for you..everytime i fell for you!


"..So Please Please Please, let me..let me..let me get what i want, this time
..Lord knows it would be the first time.."


And then i saw it again on the plane!...and as the opening line was narrated by a sarcastically dry storyteller..i thought to myself..i should, no i NEED to shut it right now, before i ruin it and start hating it(like i have done with sooo many others). First time you watch soemthing your too busy following the storyline to observe the cracks and wrinkles secretly camouflaged in the backdrop. Second time you see it, everyones a critic!
It took all of my non-existent will power to muster up the courage to click the ''off'' button..and for once, i was grateful to my indecisive rabbit-heart- I did not shut it..and instead ended up surprising myself, and falling truly madly deeply in love all over again!


“I tried to do handstands for you..I'm permanently black and blue, permanently blue for you..”

And now I sit wondering why did they not include the song ‘Bruises by Chairlift’ to the movie soundtrack?!
Maybe it was too obvious a give-away, since it sort of decribes the storyline quite appropriatly! And they were going for a more subtle soundtrack listing..(which btw they did and EXCELLENT job with)..but there isnt really much subtlty in this movie- the Truth in it all, just subtly slaps you in the face..like an old maidens leather glove, from an old western!

The Good 'Ol Romance, that we once found in cliche'd early 90's movies with our Meg Ryans, Tom Hanks, Greg Kinnears, John Cusaks and early Hugh Jackmans (in his Pre-wolf-man-Buff-Bod Days)..An Era of Bad hair cuts , baggy-roll-out-of-bed clothes and even worse sunglasses' styles!
Those story-lines made your stomach churn, made you Yearn for that kind of feeling..that those actors so cleverly depicted in the movies..with every lingering look, every cheeky side smile, every passionate kiss..your heart did flip flops.. yes yes false hope.. breeding grounds for Fairytale dreams, greeting cards, and pointless holidays like Valentines day properganda.. BUT HEY! Maybe some people LIKE to live in their own little bubble, of fantasy world! Paris Hilton lives in hers..why should i be robbed of mine!
im not hurting anyone (except maybe myself) with my day dreaming?! Am i?

Yes I agree this particular movie does not give false hope and doesnt fill your head with dreams of the perfect man, waiting for you at the park corner with his adorable golden retriever..but it tells the TRUTH! SOMEONE ALWAYS GETS HURT.. Someone’s heart always gets ripped out and stomped on. And when Summer leaves him..("i think we need to take a break..its not you, its me..these are really good pancakes") you feel his pain, his heart slowly painfully tearing…and with each audible rip, your stomach too turns.. And yet she says that dreadfully fearful two lines with no feeling in her voice.."mmM these are good pancakes"

So simple..yet SO powerful!
Its just a movie..
i keep telling myself..

But i cant help, somehow...embedding myself into the cracks..like a book rummaging for answers in the pages ..as to HOW & WHY, we as human beings (with feelings) could be so cruel...and WHY we cant just turn off these feelings..like a light switch? Why does it physically hurt when the pain caused is only mental? why is it that two people cannot be on the same page?...


No comments:

Post a Comment