Tuesday, April 13, 2010

music..im so in love with my music- I Dont need you!

So along with a bad day..week..everything seems to be working against me!
The Universe has an EVIL plan in the works, against me!
Sister took the ipod..the work security people cut my online radio off..and now im stuck listening to Yogi Bear (guy who works in my office) blabber on about printing this n that and what he ate n what hes farting out...UGGHH!!
Everything is getting on my nerves today...
so im going to ignore everyone..and think happy thoughts..and give u a list of what im listening to..(these days):

*CAUTION-DISCLAIMER..if i like it, doesnt mean you will..so before you diss, pliss, try it atliss!

Bat for Lashes...Natasha Khan leads the band with her powerful yet effortless performances..belting out perfectly harmonized high pitched melodies..but a bit on the dark side, well mostly because the theme of her recent album seems to be of loneliness..and yes the videos are weird..okay 'understatement'...VERY WEIRD! But they graphically depict the weirdness of the lyrics and the dark theme! Shes good..and so is the music!


She & Him..i may have spoken about them before..but i only just FELL madly in love! If their music was somehow magically transformed into a man..id marry him twice! in other words id marry She & Him twice!
Zooey Deschanel sings lead with music backing done by this handsomly brooding individual..who only rarely provides his manly voice in a song or two assisting Zooey's. The girl is Queen of Indie movies, and now has proved her talent dsnt just lie in batting her eye lids, smiling a quirky smile and starring in rom-coms that make it big out of Sundance..

Regina Spektor..another quite the quirky performer..and if you thought Bat for Lashes had weird videos...wait till you get a load of this one...but heyy shes super talented yo!
And shes british...i think! Will have to do some checking..but what does it matter..Go take a listen to 'US' (the song)..yes it is the opening song for (500) Days of Summer (and yes my obsession with that movie is FAR from over) but nice lyrics..funny voice..but good shit!

The XX..i fell for one song..and then another..but mostly still stuck on the first..'ISLANDS'..i just cant seem to get enough of listening to it on full volume, in the car till my drivers ear drums are popping and hes making excruciating faces in the rear view mirror. What bass, what nonchalant monotone singing voices that complement each other oh so well..good stuff!

Noah & the Whale..okay its not really fair since i only REALLY like their one song..and havnt experimented with the entire album yet..heard one or two others that didnt sit very well..but their one song that i did fall for.. '5 YEARS TIME'...Great song..lyrically and with just a ukelee to back it up!

im Still in love with Florence and the Machine..(and if u STILL havnt heard them..honestly..im giving up on you!
Black kids still on my playlist..although i really should branch out and listen to more of them..theyre VERY interesting!
Yeah Yeah Yeah's also peaked my interest witht heir song ZERO..
I dont know if i just love the song or maybe ive heard it too many times on the radio and now its just become bareable, so listening to it seems..routine now..but Pearl Jam's THE FIXER is a great listen too..so effortless! Phoenix with LISZTOMANIA and Novel with DAMN, also make the playlist these days!

And last but not least..i was introduced to this song by..(and it hurts to say it out loud) my SISTER...ugghh i dont really know HOW that happened..and at first like everything she makes me listen to i said CRAP, shit, YUCK..Trash! And then on a lonely underground tube ride..listening to it over and over again..i realized woah..shit i cant believe i actually like this song.. Top 25 Mashup 2009 hits...im cringing as i type it..since its so generic its almost NOT ME!
But its a good song..those close friends of mine..will be recieving a copy courtesy of youtube..in their INBOX msgs on fb..(too ashamed to put it out there for the world to see)..

AND NOW, coming to the original point i was making all over this post.. LONELINESS..its in the theme of most of the songs..in the discovery of my new songs..and should soon become the theme of my life..since, you come into this world alone..the only way you progress is alone..(because attachments-yes ppl attached to you or you attached to them) creates extra baggage and hence bogs you down!
SO! My friends..Lonely-Town is the name of the game..
May the force be with you..
Peace. Love. Harmony..and Great Great Melodies!

Mushabooom boom!

2 comments:

  1. She&Him!!!! I just discovered them too!!!! They make me want their album on vinyl. Completely old school, in fact I'm actually actively looking around for a vintage record player because of them. That and my nana's old records. The 20's to the 50's, that was my time period, I endlessly feel like I don't belong to today, and She&Him make me feel that way even more <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are an Old soul my dear friend...and i LOVE you for it...and i feel i am too!!
    their songs bring a smile to my face!!
    Let me know when you do find that record player!!
    My first present to you will be a vinyl record, which we shall inaugerate that music box with ;)

    ReplyDelete