Friday, February 26, 2010

Last Night a DJ Saved My Life..

..If music be the food of love, Play on
Give me excess of it; that surfeiting,
The appetite may sicken, and so die..
Twelfth Night-William Shakespeare

Lately, i feel like iv fallen in love with music all over again..
Do you remember the first time you heard THAT song and it stuck in your head for days and you sat for those painfull 'butt-cheek numbing' hours recording it onto cassette after cassette, so you have one for the car and another for the crummy old boom box in your room.
I cant even remember THAT song, or even that far back..

I went through a bad patch, as most would call it..depression set in, i woke late, slept late, ate too much..disgusting cycle..and in all of this (i realize now) i was missing out on one of the most important things in my life..

And then i got a job..started out slow, me in a big quiet empty room with the slow hum of the AC, and the occasional babbling, from the fool in cubical in the far corner of the room.
The only thing that kept me sane, and which i soon discovered was my saving grace for not just the mundane endless work days, but my soul..

So i dedicate this post in SALUTE to the one thing that reminded me of the the last peice of the puzzle to my happiness..made me realize that i was born to love music, it runs through my veins..my heart beats with every beat of the drum..(too much-or not really enough?) hahah

Anyhoo..Last night a Dj saved my life..
but it wasnt really a Dj, more like an RJ on Fm89..my new obsession!
89 has reintroduced me to so many new and old tunes, that have brought the smile back on my face..not to mention the amount of talent there lies in that radio station..i never knew, and most dont realize..so id like to take a moment to say(or maybe spread awareness) that there is some serious talent there, that we should be proud of..from book reviews, to entertaining shows and not to mention news and facts!

my Favorite shows..coffee republic, 89 chapters and 100% Filmi
why? Because they play my kinda music and Mahvish has got to be my favorite Rj out of them all!
I would even go so far as to (boldly)say, she is me..but an older, MUCH MUCH wiser me! its amazing :)

I once read somwhere.."Finally, a good radio station sounds familiar while never failing to surprise. "
Yes they repeat alot of songs, till you cant take it anymore..Yes they tend to have too many ad breaks(but then how are they going to make money?)..and YES they provide us with entertainment all day, and Yes, if you dont like what you hear or get sick of it..you will always have the option to turn it off!

..Mushaboom* Sing, dance and Smile :)

No comments:

Post a Comment